Suzanne Kasler - In Her Office

I had the good fortune to meet Suzanne Kasler briefly at an event at Atlanta's Americas Mart a year or so ago. (here) I would enjoy very much sitting with her and chatting about design and soaking in a wee bit of her talent.  She and her office are being featured in the May issue of Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles magazine.  I urge you to get a copy and thumb the pages, you are sure to not be disappointed. 





Her office is full of light and keeps a beautiful neutral palate.  She is located at the Galleries of Peachtree Hills, right next door to Atlanta Decorative Arts Center, I wonder if she needs an errand run? 



There are oversized drum shades (by Boyd Lighting) defining each work area (with the scanned photo, the shade over the one table is not visible).  The half wall of shelves and drawers (from Ikea) provide privacy for the design team behind them.  The ottoman you see is from Suzanne's collection for Hickory Chair.  


This wall of baskets with fabrics and other design elements is just what I need!
Tables from West Elm, chairs from Pottery Barn, Circa Lighting.

Here you can also see her design team at work.  Suzanne has her hand in many 'pots'.  She and her team work on new product development including her line at Hickory Chair, as well as, lighting with Visual Comfort and rugs by Safavieh.  She has already begun styling with Ballard Designs and this fall will introduce accessories, rugs and wall art.  A year from now, Spring 2011, her fabric collection with Lee Jofa will debut as outlined in the article. 


A design project in action.  

I wonder, with all that Suzanne has going on if she gets much sleep.

Be sure and check out the full article at Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles.

I would have never thought I would live in Atlanta where there is so much design talent.  I am grateful for all of the events that center around design here!  



photography by Erica George Dines
story text by Clinton Smith

7 comments:

  1. Oh I do believe I could curl up and LIVE in that office...light...bright...Love!

    Hey I may well take you up on helping find how to do my LR...It's making me nuts...think I lost my "voice"...or my "me" Do you ever do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB office.. I'm trés jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...perhaps if I had that office I would work harder...or have more clients or something...it's fantastic!

    I loved seeing your picture and that hair cut...tres chic...also had a little giggle...even after you explained which one you were...there were so many inquires!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Suzanne Kasler in Her Office" unveils an intimate view of the renowned designer's workspace. How Play Games This glimpse showcases the fusion of functionality and aesthetics, capturing how a creative mind curates an environment conducive to inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by! I will always respond to your questions when you provide me with your email address.