Dorm Glam


 excitement of a new year
friends calling friends 
coordinating



Garnet Hill
on my own *sort of*


Garnet Hill
what's my favorite colour?



Garnet Hill
comfy bed a must

PB Teen

just for the boys
they could care less about 
coordinating  *jeez Mom*


PB Teen

yay for PINK



PB Teen

should we organize?

gosh we have to in this cubicle 'they' expect two to live in!


PB Teen

we need colour!!


PB Teen
what's YOUR favourite colour?


PB Teen

light this way...

PB Teen
...or this


PB Teen

let's add a bit of whimsey


PB Teen

schedule at a glance


Real Simple
who says shower curtains have to be for the bath?

Real Simple

they are a fun way to add colour to the windows...


Real Simple

a spring rod will do
especially since 'they' never want holes in the walls


Real Simple

go ahead...use the cute rings too!


Real Simple

a fabulous room will make studying less painful!


Do you need help making your house a home?  Contact me for an online or in person consultation!


11 comments:

  1. I love how you geared this post to kids in college...they need good design too! I'll be covering kids in the home as my September subject, cooking, decorating and living with kids of all ages....love your input in the teen department if you'd like to guest post. loving your blog....best, tamara of Nest by Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renae,
    I just completed dorm shopping with my son! And...I was telling a friend how it was the complete opposite of what girls dorm shopping would be like.

    I'm certain my post will look worlds away from this, so thanks for some "girly" fun...loved all your choices and ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't those top Garnet Hill quilts the cutest! I love them for a dorm or for me! Getting ready to head to school with my daughter to do some decorating - trying to update her room and in her words, "funkify" her Pine Cone Hill bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Renae - I loved your idea of using a shower curtain. I did that once when we lived in San Diego for my daughter Em's room & had forgotten how it works so well. Your brilliant advising to use a spring tension rod as to not leave screw holes. I'm passing this idea on to Em who just moved into her dorm yesterday. I think PB Teen is one of the best sights around. My son Marc was just as picky about his room as any girl. We ended up getting a J.Adler duvet cover & he thought he'd hit the big time. Weird to think as today he's out apt. shopping after landing his first out of college job! Here one of yours is getting married! Hope your day was a great one? xoxo deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun choices! Sure didn't have those when I went to school. You did a fabulous job pulling it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great options for students. Hope you're having a good week, Sweetie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously
    i want the tiny fridge for my office.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm. My kid has been living in his dorm for a year.......not such a pretty site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I work best in a natural setting, I do love color,but I think if I were off to college - I would want to emulate the artsy side of me.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute ideas for a dorm room! Love the colorful shower curtains and creative hooks, would add a lot of character to a bathroom ;) also love the little coolers and organizers. My favorite color has to be white, it goes great with all other colors! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by! I will always respond to your questions when you provide me with your email address.